Auto-ripping music CDs

I've been using the rather excellent abcde cd ripping software for some time in
one of my servers at home. I've got it setup now so that it hardly ever
requires any intervention from a user - apart from logging in and starting the
script off and that's a step I'd like to get round if I can.

I was wondering how I could get the machine to:

1) Watch for a CD being put into the machine
(some kind of automounting daemon I'm guessing)
2) If it's a music CD then run abcde, and eject the cd when it's done.
(Perhaps running abcde, and when it can't grab music from the data cd then go
onto item 3)
3) Otherwise mount the cd according to /etc/fstab

Has anyone done this, or can they suggest a possible solution. It's a woody
box, running a 2.4.18 kernel.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

"I do not agree with what you say,
but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Francois Marie Arouet Voltaire (1694-1778)