OT: regexp spam filter

I am not practiced in the use of regexp's, and need some help.  I want
to block a Nigerian domain (I wonder why?) whose IP block is 217.78.64.0
- 217.78.79.255.  For unknown reasons (ignorance?), my various
incantations and curses have failed the test.

If the cognoscenti among you would post examples of regexps that will
work, I will be thankful.  And if yours is a more obscure or esoteric
example, please explain the manipulation so that I can maybe figure out
the next magic spell without leaning on the list.

tnx,
--
gt
Yes I fear I am living beyond my mental means--Nash