Re: HP DeskJet 610C

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 08:15:16PM +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> You could try to use CUPS

Could someone tell me why use CUPS instead of lpr/lprng?

Based on my experience one can configure and adjust some programs
more easily than others -- so you use those you can figure out,
right? Unless of course, you need some features included only in
some other program, you'll be happy with a working computer. I've
never had problems with lpr/lprng. So which are the main reasons for
choosing CUPS?
Since you were answering someone trying to set things up, would it
be the ease of configuration?

N.B.: I have had no problems with lpr/lprng. (See my previous mail.)

andrej

--
echo ${girl_name} > /etc/dumpdates