A strange error

Since today morning my Debian Potato r3 box has
been behaving strangely :

shyam@Poornashree:~
shyam@Poornashree:~
shyam@Poornashree:~/mnt7/Penguin_logo$ sudo /sbin/ask
Password:hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
hda: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
ide0: reset: success

shyam@Poornashree:~

   In addition to this , I notice that the processor
   seems to be aggressively working even when nothing
   is being done -or- even when all users have logged
   out ! Strange , Windoze does not seem to be causing
   this kind of problems.

What can the possible reason be ? Is this indicative of
some major/minor anomaly ?

Regards,
Shyam

--