Re: ipmasq logging

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 08:33:31PM +0300, George Karaolides wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running woody with kernel 2.2.20 and using the ipmasq Debian package
> to set up packet filtering.
>
> I find that on woody, ipmasq (well really, ipchains as ipmasq calls
> ipchains with the -l option) logs to the console as well as
> /var/log/messages which is a big pain; it makes the console unusable.
>
> Any ideas as to how to make it log only to the screen?

This has come up a number of times over the past few weeks; IIRC, it's
a syslog issue, that you can fix by commenting out the line in your
/etc/syslog.conf that spits 'debug' messages to the console.  I can't
remember which one exactly...

If you post your syslog.conf, I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out;)

-rob

> |   George Karaolides                      Linustech Advanced Solutions,  |
> |   tel:   +357 22 89 87 28               31 Evagorou Avenue, Office 32,  |
> |   web:   www.linustech.com.cy                         Nicosia CY 1066,  |
> |   email: george.karaolides@linustech.com.cy       Republic  of Cyprus.  |

FYI, signatures (especially long ones) are commenly begun with an '--'
followed by a newline.