X just locks up

    Hey people. Has anyone just had X suddenly lock up their box? To rule out
configuration problems, I just ran /etc/X11/X, and watched my laptop lock up.
It was working, and then I installed gdm. Since then I've reinstalled all the
X related packages and it didn't solve the problem. I'm in the process of
reinstalling Debian right now.

    Has anyone had this happen?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix