Re: Running openoffice as regular user?

On 10 May 2002 21:59:10 -0500
"DvB" <dvanbalen@jam.rr.com> wrote:

> As for the "net install," I haven't looked into it very much, but it
> doesn't sound applicable to my situation since I don't have a "server"
> available to run it off of.

Therein lies the problem.  The "net install" is what you want.  It is
intended as the install for multiple users.  There is no need for a
seperate "server".  The "net install" simply means that it will place the
bulk of the installation in one central location (such as
/usr/local/openoffice).  Then individual users can run the setup from the
central location and install just the minimal workstation install (~10
meg) rather than the full install over again.

--
Jamin W. Collins