Re: What about Woody?

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 12:37:36PM -0600, Jorge Santos wrote:
> I can't believe no one has asked this yet.  Does anyone knows what is
> going on with the 3.0 release?  I'm not demanding a release date or
> such, it's just that is been more than a week since Anthony Towns
> predicted it would be out and then he said the issues with the
> security maintenance for Woody and I can't find any info on what's
> going on with it.  I repeat, I'm not demanding anything, and I'm not
> looking for answers like "But Woody has been stable for a long time
> now, just do this or that to get it"... I'm just curious.

I think the general response is: it'll be here soon!

I suspect that the very last NMUs are going up, the images are being
readied and press-statements released: I would expect within the next 3
days.

I'm probably about to get flamed for suggesting a date. In which case I
think I'll say "it gets released when it's ready"...

I think that we can all rest assured that the people who are working on
the woody release are working to get it released asap.

Matthew

--

Matthew Sackman
Nottingham

BOFH Excuse Board:
Small animal kamikaze attack on power supplies