Need help with install

Hello everyone,

  I'm needing some help getting debian installed on my computer.  I have a
700 MHz celeron system that is on an Intel i810 board.  I have tried to
install debian on it before and keep running into problems (it does not
detect the motherboard correctly so it has problem with the cards in the
pci slots esp. the nic).  In order to update a stable install, I need to
have the nic working so that I can setup the pppoe adsl connection I use.

  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get debian installed?  I know
that linux will run because I can install RedHat w/o a problem (of course,
it runs a 2.4.x kernel).  I really want to run Debian instead of RedHat.

Thanks,

chris