debian installation problem: AT keyboard detection with ASUS-A7A266,

I had the same problem. As luck would have it I only
have a standard PS/2 keyboard :(

Here's the word around:

Go in the bios and disable USB support. This motherboard
is capable of presenting a USB device (like a mouse or
keyboard) has a plain serial mouse or ps/2 keyboard. ASUS
calls the feature 'usb legacy support'. Anyway Woody fails
to detect the connect ps/2 keyboard when this feature is
enable.

Then install Woody no special 'boot:' prompt command
required.

-ym