Re: Kernel Panic (OT)

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 04:18:26PM -0600, Troy Telford wrote:
> I'm having some problems with my computer, which I believe are
> hardware-related.  The main indicator is either a kernel panic, or a
> BSOD (Win32).
>
> My computer was working fine until I moved home (from college).  It
> even worked fine the first 3 days while at home.
>
> In both cases, it appears to be a one of two problems:
>
> Linux reports it as a problem with kernel paging (sometimes
> deferencing a null pointer, 00000000h)

I recently had a similar problem after upgrading my BIOS. Turned out
that the multiplier was wrong for the CPU so the system was out of sync
with itself. Once I got that straightened out everything is now back to
normal. On bootup is your CPU speed what you expect?

--
Try to imagine a system of labor imposed by force that is not a
violation of liberty; a transfer of wealth imposed by force that