Re: My ultimate linux box

On Mon, 6 May 2002 12:08:06 -0500
Michael Kahle <kahlemt@whoha.org> wrote:

> I am agreeing that I could scale it all back, but why?  The ton of RAM
> and dual procs is also because for the Windoz apps I still need, I am
> going to be running VMWare, if you've every ran it, it is a HOG!  But
> like I said, I am well aware how much overkill this is, but I have the
> money and never had a computer that would be my dream machine this is
> kind of like the geeks midlife crisis, only I'm 27.  :)

If I had your money, and no hungry mouths to feed, I would build three
machines. Why splurge all your money on a single high-powered machine?
Suppose it got hit by lightning? I noticed you didn't put a UPS / surge
protector in your list! If you insist on your dream machine, better buy
a UPS that comes with a property-damage guarantee.