Re: screen messes up ncurses

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 12:14:03PM -0400, Juergen Fiedler wrote:
| On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 04:54:49PM -0500, dman wrote:
| > gnome-terminal doesn't draw the line-drawing characters correctly.
| > It's why I (sometimes) have 'ascii_chars' set in mutt.
|
| gnome-terminal draws the line characters correctly

Odd.  I wonder how your setup is different from mine.  Just for
demonstration, here's two screen shots of my gnome-terminal :
    http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/screenshot/gnome-term-noscreen.png
    http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/screenshot/gnome-term-screen.png

Both of those are with the 'ascii_chars' option in mutt not set.  I
tried with LANG=en_US.UTF-8 and LANG=en_US.

| when I'm not using screen - that's the weird part.

The drawing characters work with the console, but when using screen
they give the same problems as gnome-terminal.

(I haven't tried the screen option suggested by Grant)

-D

--

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair
and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.  Instead, it should be