Openoffice file copy error

Hi

I installed openoffice 1.0 using dpkg --install, as root.  When as a
user I run openoffice for the first time I get a series of errors like

An error occurred while copying the file mathdoc.desktop to
/home/riaan/.kde2/share/applnk/OpenOffice.org 1.0
an error occurred while copying a file
ExitCode: 0

An error occurred while copying the file presentation.desktop to
/home/riaan/.kde2/share/applnk/OpenOffice.org 1.0
an error occurred while copying a file
ExitCode: 0

Looking at the directory in question openoffice just created empty
files.  While probably no big deal it means that my kde menus etc all
have do do without icon etc.

Any way I could resolve this ?

TNX
Riaan