Re: driver-#.bin disk installation

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 10:31:23PM +0900, salasa nawang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am installing Debian Linux 2.2 (potato) on AlphaPC 164LX system.
> During installation, Install Operating System Kernel and Modules,
> there was an instruction to load disk 1 of driver series.
> Upon loading, the respond was
>
> 		Wrong disk!
> This is disk 1 of 2 in the drv14alpha_generic series of 25-Nov-2000 20:04
> EST.
>
> Wrong disk. This is from series drv14alpha_generic.
> You need disk 1 of series the driver series.
> 	<continue>
>
> I downloaded(and rawrited) these two driver disks under the
>
> 	/disk-alpha/images-1.44
>
> What is wrong with this procedure?
> I am actually following the installation manual. Could this be a bug?
>
> Thank you very much.

Other possibilities beside a bug:

1. Diskette reliability. Have you try another one, preferably new?
2. The path for those images under http://ftp.us.debian.org is different
   from the one you mentioned. Maybe this is relevant?

> Mr. S. A. Nawang
>

> --

    Shaul Karl
    email: shaulka(replace with the at - @ - character)bezeqint.net