Re: exim mail error

dman wrote:

> On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 12:41:43PM -0400, james wrote:
> | Hello, I'm running exim as my mail server
> | and I'm getting the following error:
> |
> | Any idea what this error means:
> | 2002-05-06 05:48:22 174f6U-0005xJ-00 <= root@www.cell.dhs.org U=root
> | P=local S=311
> | 2002-05-06 05:48:22 174f6U-0005xJ-00 ** shinden@sympatico.ca:
> | unrouteable mail domain "sympatico.ca"
>
> It means that exim doesn't know how it is supposed to get mail to
> a server that is responsible for the sympatico.ca domain

Ok, so how do I tell it how to get the mail to an extenal server?

> What does
>     $ grep local_domains /etc/exim/exim.conf
> show?  sympatico.ca is NOT your local domain.

www:/etc# grep local_domains exim.conf
# any data for it. This sets local_domains to an empty string, which is
not
local_domains = www.cell.dhs.org:localhost:www
local_domains_include_host = true
local_domains_include_host_literals = true
# in the "local_domains" setting above.

thx,
james

--
 Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
 they shall never cease to be amused.