Re: unreadable xterm :)

I have the opposite situation from the OP - a large majority of my
users insist that the default Xterm font is too tiny and (quite
rightly) complain about having to manually increase the font size to
"Huge" whenever they open a new terminal.

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 09:06:28AM -0700, Carl Johnson wrote:
> You can set any of the fonts with entries in your .Xresources file.
> There are 6 fonts sizes plus the default, and any or all can be reset.
> Look at the "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/XTerm" file to see what
> the defaults are (unreadable is nil2 in mine).  I use entries such as
> "XTerm*font:" to set the default, and "XTerm*font3:" to set font 3.

That's all very nice, but, as I read it, that allows you to specify
that 'font 3 = Helvetica Runic 72' or whatever, but what I (and, I
suspect, the OP) am looking for is a way (.Xresources would work for
me, but I suspect the OP needs a command-line option) to tell xterm
'when you open, use the Huge font instead of the default font'.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss