driver-#.bin disk installation

Hello,

I am installing Debian Linux 2.2 (potato) on AlphaPC 164LX system.
During installation, Install Operating System Kernel and Modules,
there was an instruction to load disk 1 of driver series.
Upon loading, the respond was

		Wrong disk!
This is disk 1 of 2 in the drv14alpha_generic series of 25-Nov-2000 20:04
EST.

Wrong disk. This is from series drv14alpha_generic.
You need disk 1 of series the driver series.
	<continue>

I downloaded(and rawrited) these two driver disks under the

	/disk-alpha/images-1.44

What is wrong with this procedure?
I am actually following the installation manual. Could this be a bug?

Thank you very much.

Mr. S. A. Nawang