Re: Samba

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 02:09:34PM +0200, Tinus Kotze wrote:
> While I was trying to correct my samba problems, I accidently wiped
> /etc/init.d/samba . I only found this out while using apt-get  to
> reinstall samba(samba-common installed perfectly). It will not continue
> and I suppose that these init scripts come with the debian installation
> and not the samba installation.

No, they come with the samba package. However, /etc/init.d/samba is a
configuration file, and dpkg considers "missing" to be a valid state for
a configuration file and will preserve it unless told otherwise. You
should have the package in
/var/cache/apt/archives/samba_2.2.3a-6_i386.deb, so try the following:

  dpkg --force-confmiss -i /var/cache/apt/archives/samba_2.2.3a-6_i386.deb

Cheers,