Re: help me with dailing out "never thaught it would be so difficult"

faisal gillani wrote:

well i am going nuts with this dailing out a ppp
connection from command prompt .. i was thinking that
tools like wvdial & pppconfig will work like a charme
for me but ....
it seems that both these tools are unable to find my
modem .. which is located @ /dev/ttyS2 as on the same
system i have mandrake running in Gui mode & it dails
with ease .but i dont wana dial from GUI i want to
from command prompt.can you please help me sort out
this problem of mine ..
help me remove M$ from my server ....

Can you dail using minicom, using /dev/ttyS2?

If it's an internal PCI modem, it probably has a Lucent chipset, and Mandrake is loading the extra driver that's needed. You may need to download the Lucent .deb and install it (google for lucent and winmodem and debian).

Kent