Woody install infinite loop

I haven't been able to find anything posted on this; wondered if anyone has
heard about this.

I am attempting a woody install, having d/l'd the disk images over the
weekend. This is going onto a new system; because it may be relevant, here
are the specs that I think are needed:
	MSI K7T-266A Pro2A MB with Athlon XP1700+; 512MB ram
	GeForce2MX video card

The install proceeds as expected until I get to the point of specifying the
system time. The HW clock is NOT set to GMT, so I select NO for that option.
I give my locality as US; Eastern. I then create a root account/password and
a user account for myself. After I do that, the install loops back to ask me
again if the HW clock is set to GMT. From that point on, nothing I do breaks
this loop, and all of the above steps just keep on cycling. I have tried the
install twice, restarting from the very beginning and reformatting all drive
partitions to ensure there isn't any residual data from a prior install that
could mess things up; same result each time.

Interestingly, the FIRST time that the question is asked about the HW clock
and GMT, the correct time is displayed, but each time thereafter the
displayed time is off by two hours. I verified on reboot that the BIOS
retains the correct time.

Any thoughts? Is this a known bug that I just cannot find? I thought about
not creating a user account until later, but didn't see how that would be the
problem...but I could try it if no one has any better ideas.

Thanks.
Neal Lippman