Re: IMAP and POP

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 12:22:54AM +0200, Nik Engel wrote:
> Hi Thorsten!
>
> On Sun, 05 May 2002, Thorsten Haude wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > * Nik Engel <Nik.Engel@web.de> [02-05-05 19:12]:
> > >Hi there !
> > >I am running an postfix mailserver with imap and pop.
> > >Unfortunatly when i read my email via imap i can no longer download it
> > >via pop.
> > >Is there a possibility to combine this?
> > Do you download all or new messages via POP3?
> I want to read (via IMAP) and then (from an other location) all download
> all Mail via POP

Hmm. The only thing I can think is that by reading via IMAP, the emails
are marked as Old (read) and then the POP server doesn't list them.

Have you tried doing a manual telnet into the POP server to see if
they're listed?

Which POP server and IMAP server are you using? Cyrus certainly should
be able to do what you require...

Matthew

--

Matthew Sackman
Nottingham

BOFH Excuse Board:
Small animal kamikaze attack on power supplies