Re: Hauppage WinTV Go -- howto?

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 10:04:43AM -0400, Rohan Deshpande wrote:
> I was just wondering if anyone knew how to set up a PCI WinTV card in
> Debian Linux Unstable.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

It's no big deal... any reasonably recent 2.4.x kernel knows what that card
is and will get the tuner right.  Heck, I think 2.2 will, although it's
been a long time since I've played with one under 2.2.  The bttv driver has
supported bt878 chips for ages.  I have one and it's pretty much a pb&j
job:

1) build kernel, support for video4linux turned on
2) reboot to new kernel
3) load bttv module, tuner comes along with it
4) run your program-of-choice (I use xawtv)

--
Marc Wilson
msw@cox.net