Re: Release critical bugs

On Sun, 05 May 2002, Richard Kimber wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a definition of what a "release critical bug" is
> and who can determine whether a bug is one? I tried Google and Debian

aj, the release manager for woody is the only one who can determine whether
a bug is one. Others can follow the guidelines, but he has the final say in
the matter.

> Is it really so critical that (to take #145845) gnome-chess won't build on
> an ia64? Or that gnomesword (#145262) has a dependency that Woody doesn't

Yes. If it built before, and doesn't build now, it is a bad bug.  There are
no second-class citizens (read archs) in Debian, all are equally important.

> satisfy?  There will always be some problems with some applications, but

Yes. That means the package cannot be installed.

  Henrique Holschuh