Re: Nvidia, Debian's Woody, kernel 2.4.18, and xfree86

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 02:01:58PM -0700, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:
> Please recommend a card I should consider from the list below to replace the
> voodoo3, that will be supported by 2.4.18 kernel and Woody's x4.1?  Should I
> even consider Nvidia in light of another vendor's card that is in $100 (U.S.)
> range?

I'm currently running the combination of a GF4 MX440 AGP and a GF2 MX200
PCI in my box with good results.  Assuming you have an already working X
configuration, you just replace whatever driver you're using with the
nVidia one, and off you go.

Installing the nVidia driver is a process of installing two debs, reading
plain English instructions on how to build the software, then installing
the two resulting debs and restarting X.  I really don't see how you can
mess it up.

--
Marc Wilson
msw@cox.net