Re: perl and dpkg

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 01:55:37AM +0300, shaulka@bezeqint.net wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 05:08:18PM -0700, chb wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Recently, I tried to install a few perl modules I
> > needed, but somehow botched the job.  I went to remove
> > my improperly complied modules and succeeded in
> > crippling my perl installation.  Now I'm unable to

Of course, in future you'll remember not to mess around with dpkg,
right? ;)

I also learnt this lesson back in the day, but I certainly never
forgot to install non-Debian perl modules into /usr/local/.  You
might also want to have a look at dh-make-perl, which promises to
build .debs out packages from CPAN.

-rob