Re: installation/booting...alpha processor 21164

Hi Salasa,

salasa nawang <nawang@photon.adsm.hiroshima-u.ac.jp> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have a headache about booting on the PC.
> Let me describe the steps.
>
> I loaded a linload.exe and ldmilo.exe. The PC behaved softly well.
> Then, these are the items that came out in the screen:

This appears to be some kind of debugger/monitor,
b == byte
w == word
l == longword
g == ????? (anyone? - giant word?)

> Cmnd		Args		Operation
>
> de[bwlg]	#1 #2		deposit#2 into (#1)
> ex[bwlg]	#		examine
> d[bwlg]		[# [#]]		dump bytes/words/longs/quads
> e[bwlg]		[# [#]]		query deposit
> 				(value, sp=next loc, -=prev loc, crlf-exit
> 									enter)
> h		this text
> ior[bwl]	#		I/O space read
> ir, fr 				dump integer or fp registers
> r 		id 		dump the specified register
> z		#1 [#2]		#1 to #2, or #1 to #1+128
> z		#1 l #2		#1 to #1+#2
> f				repeated fill with <= 16 values, same
> 					args as z.
> q				leave monitor
>
> # = @reg: address. enter = do last command for next 128 locs
> addresses are 32 bit superpage physical.
>

> I follow the advise of books on linux; that is to type
> 	boot fd0
> while the rescue.bin disk is inserted.
>
> However the response is just: command unknown.

Your commands are in the left-hand columns ( exb 0x23212 [?], q).  Try
typing 'q' to get out of it.

I'm guessing linux never loaded and you're still in DOS/Win32 shell or
whatever. Perhaps linload or ldmilo is corrupted? What's your OS name?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards, Elizabeth