Re: gnomecal segfaulting for anyone else?

On Saturday 04 May 2002 1:15 am, Art Edwards wrote:
> Yes, it happened to me as well.

FWIT I had gnomecal crashing on me as well.  The latest apt-get upgrade fixed
it for me, but this box is running "unstable".  (also "testing" but I haven't
booted into it for a while as I've been compiling kde3.

> Is there any simple, relatively painless, way to reinstall testing from
> the beginning after going through many many dist-upgrades? I have heard
> that people are having little or no difficulty upgrading from stable
> now. Is this true?

As I had an old libranet CD sitting around, I installed it, upgraded to
current stable, then to testing, then to unstable.    No huge problems,
though there were a few small ones to solve- mostly by following instructions
where an upgrade didn't entirely work.  It worked just fine for me.

This process was a real eye-opener about Debian the first time I did it a few
months ago.  Needless to say I was very impressed.

You may have to repeat some of the commands several times to get everything
upgraded.

all the best,
Robert_L