Re: More PCMCIA woes...

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 10:05:23AM -0700, Andrew Agno wrote:

> I'm using the modules from the kernel image.

Are the modules in /lib/modues/<version>/kernel/drivers/....

Do you have symlinks or modules in /lib/modules/<version>/pcmcia?

I suspect my problems are unique to the modules I'm using:

 i82365: The i82365 module depends on isa-pnp.  If the
         above-mentioned directory is present, the
         /etc/init.d/pcmcia script uses insmod instead of
         modprobe to load i82365, so the isa-pnp module doesn't
         get loaded as it should.

orinoco: It's not possible to build orinoco modules into the
         pcmcia-modules package without _also_ building them
         into the kernel-image package (unless you do the build
         twice and futz with the configuration in-between).
         Unfortunately the kernel-sources and pcmcia-sources
         have different (incompatible) versions of orinico
         support, and /etc/init.d/pcmcia mixes them together.

My next attempt is to hack up the debian/rules file for the
kernel so that it does not create the directory
/lib/modules/<version>/pcmcia.  That way /etc/init.d/pcmcia
doesn't get fooled into thinking that pcmcia-modules is
installed and it should then use modprobe (which will load
isa-pnp).  That way I also get more up-to-date drivers.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com