Re: /etc/resolv.conf keeps getting changed

On Friday 03 May 2002 2:54 pm, ben wrote:

> sounds mighty strange. can you post the original and the modification? i've

I have a small DNS setup on my home LAN. tbird2 is the main server
(192.168.1.2) and is the DNS server. vaiow is my laptop, and it's the machine
that keeps getting its /etc/resolv.conf modified.

Here's how I want it to be:

--x--
domain homelan
nameserver 192.168.1.2
nameserver 192.168.1.1
--x--

And here's what it's like after it gets mysteriously modified

--x--
# eth0 begin
domain homelan
nameserver 192.168.1.1
# eth0 end
domain homelan
nameserver 192.168.1.2
nameserver 192.168.1.1
--x--

I shall start paying closer attention to my apt-get upgrade sessions and see
if I can isolate the package.

Dougie