ogle and audio volume

I'm runnig ogle-mmx to play dvds in my woody (far better than xine, that
has no menus). it works well but the volume is too low. it's far lower
then when playing mp3 with XMMS or AVIs and MPGs with xine, so it should
be an ogle problem.
the mixer and speacker levels, even when at their max, don't help. is
seem like there's some kind of saturation.
I'm using gnome 1.4 with no esd (only oss). I tried with esd and got the
same result.

my .oglerc file says (audio section):

  <audio>
    <device>
      <path>/dev/dsp1</path>
    </device>
    <speakers>
      <front>2</front>
      <rear>0</rear>
      <sub>0</sub>
    </speakers>
  </audio>

is there anything wrong? did someone encounter the same problem?

tnx for any hints,
--
leonardo

GPG Key fingerprint:
D917 3C5F 6A72 7888 795B  89CF F1BF E9E6 4296 83DA