Re: APT dependency feature

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 05:55:47PM -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:
> OK, I've looked at the docs but I am hoping I'm missing something.
>
> I've got a problem with the hurd port.  My hurd install has a broken
> dependency that I would like to ignore.
>
>   libstdc++3-dev: Depends: libc6-dev (>= 2.2.3-1)
>
> Unfortunately, libc6-dev doesn't exist on the hurd.  They use libc0.3
> and libc0.3-dev.  The libstdc++ package needs to be changed, but I was
> hoping that apt could ignore this error and keep going, at least for
> now.

[this list is for Quality Assurance, not Questions & Answers.  Following up
to debian-user]

The easiest thing to do would be to install the equivs package and use it to
create a dummy package to satisfy the dependency.  That way, you don't have
to worry about trying to convince apt of anything.

--
 - mdz