Re: Gimp - Image resolution is out of bounds, using default resolution instead.

On Thu, 02 May 2002 17:30:01 -0500, Benjamin Pharr wrote:

>Image resolution is out of bounds, using default resolution instead.
>
>I get this message when opening photos in Gimp. These photos in
>particular are ones that have been scanned by Wal-Mart when they process
>my 35mm film. Any ideas why I'm getting this?

The Gimp works at 72 or 96 ppi(pixels per inch).  It is likely, though,
that your slides were scanned at 300-1200 or more ppi; and for good
reason. When printed as an 8x10 on paper, that 1200 ppi image resolves
to 120dpi.  Not exactly high grade.

Gimp will still open the file, but at 72 (96) ppi and then, to use the
technical term, scrunch it to fit your screen.  You can then manipulate
to your heart's content.
--
gt
Everything here could be wrong--Messiah's Handbook--Bach