2.4.18 - nic modules

Hi,

Today, I had to change out the network cards in a machine that had been running 2.4 under woody. The old cards were Netgear cards that used the natsemi.o modules. I replaced them with two different cards that use the rtl8139.o modules. I then wiped the machine and started from scratch. The machine installed fine, but when I replaced the 2.2.20 with the kernel image for 2.4.18, I lost the network!

I had a look in /lib/modules under 2.2.20 and 2.4.18 respectivly and there is a rtl8139.o in the 2.2.20 tree, but not in the 2.4.18 tree. I do not understand how I am to run my network cards if the driver is no longer in the distribution. Can someone advise me as to what I am missing please?

Keith.