Re: Problem with /etc/init.d/pcmcia

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 02:31:43PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> > I'd be happy to submit a patch for the script, but since I
> > don't understand the purpose behind this section, I don't know
> > if my fix would break things in other situations.
> >

> it is trying to decide if it should use pcmcia_cs or the 2.4.x pcmcia kernel
> code.  (PC for pcmcia_cs, KD for kernel)

Yes. I know.

The question I really asked were:

 1) Why not used modprobe in the pcmcia_cs case?

 2) Why ignore the options from /etc/default/pcmcia in the
    kernel case?

And another one I should have asked was:

 3) Why does the Debian kernel build procedure put modules in
    _both_ places, fooling the script anyway?

I've gotten my system to work by deleting
/lib/modules/<version>/pcmcia and adding the options to the
modprobe command in the KD case.

But, shouldn't the Debian pcmcia script and a kernel built with
the Debian kernel-build process work together?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com