Re: Signify Googlebomber (was Re: random signatures in mutt)

on Wed, May 01, 2002, Karl E. Jorgensen (karl@jorgensen.com) wrote:
> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 11:42:56AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > on Wed, May 01, 2002, Sam Varghese (sam@gnubies.com) wrote:
> > > How does one set random signatures in mutt after compilation? I

> > Signify here.

> > [ Sample .signify snipped. Amongst other things contained a hardwired
> > list of quotes ]
>
> Why not use a fortune-file to store your quotes?
> 1) create /usr/local/share/games/fortunes/myquotes.dat ...
> 2) fortune myquotes
>
> (assuming that each fortune having an equal weight is OK)

I actually do seed a local fortune file here.  And it's something I
might tackle.  That said, I've just started using signify, and find
managing this file is pretty straightforward.  The delta between this
and fortune isn't much -- you're still dealing with quotes delimited in
a file.

Half of one, six dozen of the other, I say.

Peace.

   NPR:  Radio for between the ears:  http://www.npr.org/