Re: java plugin for mozilla?

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 20:48, Michael Griffis wrote:

> How did you get the java plugin to work in Mozilla?  I'm finding it
> extremely painful.  I have the plugins for NS4, NS6, and NS6.10 that
> came with JRE 1.4 ... but they all crash mozilla.  When I go to
> java.sun.com I get a pop-up that asks me if I want to install the java
> plugin, I say yes but the installation fails.

Well, sounds like it's trying to install to a directory you don't have
access to.  Probably, though, the easiest way to get Java working is to
bypass Sun's plugin altogether and use the Blackdown plugin.  Take a
look at http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html  or just add a line to
/etc/apt/sources.list with one of their mirror sites like

deb http://www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.blackdown.org/java-linux/debian
woody non-free

(all on one line, obviously, if that came out on two)

Carson