Re: Digital camera usb and Debian

begin  Quenten Griffith  quotation:

> Well I think my camera and my usb mass storage module don't get along.
> I am running Woody with a self compiled 2-4-18 kernel with the USB mass
> storage module,

I had this working fine under 2.4.17, and then it broke when I upgraded
to 2.4.18. I upgraded again to 2.4.19pre2 and it worked again. I'm now
using 2.4.19-pre3-ac4 with no problems. (Alan Cox introduced a slew of
IDE fixes in pre3-ac5, so I've been waiting for all that to settle down
before upgrading further... I suppose it probably has by now, but Cox
hasn't been consistently posting his changelogs, so I have no idea
what's in the latest -ac. I use -ac because during 2.4 I've generally
found it to be more stable and faster.)

Craig