Re: Digital camera usb and Debian

Well I think my camera and my usb mass storage module don't get along. I am running Woody with a self compiled 2-4-18 kernel with the USB mass storage module, when I plug the camera in it locks up the whole computer can not do anything to it, could not even ssh or telnet in from another computer to shut it down nicely. Here is what I see when I attach the camera

roothub.c USB new device connect on bus2/2 assigned Device number 2
USB.c error getting screen descriptor 0 (error=-100)
scsi0: scsi emulation for usb masstorage device

and then it locks solid. So I don't know if its my kernel/module or it doesn't like my camera, which uses USB Mass Storage. I am going to have to try a card reader once I have the time and money to go get one, to see if its the camera or the usb moudle, unless anyone has an idea of what I could be doing wrong.