Re: preferences cahnges, once woddu becomes stable?

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 09:52:12AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> > So, assuming I want to keep reasonbly up to date, with current packages,
> > what changes should I make to this, once woody goes gold (stable0?
> >

> rather than use the generic "stable" "testing" use the actual release name
> "potato" "woody" "sid".  That way you are always running exactly what you mean
> to be running.

Hmm, this would, I think, get exactly the oposite effect to what I;m trying
to achieve.

It appears to em that the must current "stab;e" software for Debian is
alwasy doomed to be in testing, at least untill the release situation is
changed. So I would think that after the dust settles fro the release, I
would wnat to have my base be the new testinf, which is now unstable.

Or am I missing somehting here?

The goal is to have relativly current (but not bleeding edge) version of
the packages I am using.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin