reiserfs bug in woody 2.4 boot floppys

Hi,
I think I've found a bug in the woody bf2.4 disks.
for some reason partitions formated reiserfs using this disk are auto detected by the kernel as vfat :( I think this may have something to do with the previous format of the disk (which was vfat win98 in this case).

Anyway after spending a few hours trying to figure out why the hell my new wooding install wouldn't boot, I put the harddisk into my sid box and tried to mount it with no options, it mounted as vfat ????
Mounting the drive with -t reiserfs allowed me to access the drive.
I tared the contents to a file on another disk, did a mkreiserfs using the current sid version of mkreiserfs and tar'd the stuff back to the disk, bunged the drive back into its intended host and booted using a rescue disk with the rescue root=/dev/hda1 (which had failed before) and it booted, I droped to a shell and ran lilo, rebooted without a floppy and all worked. Now I have this workaround I can save myself a great deal of time by partitioning and formating my new disks on my sid box, but I guess someone should fix this as it will drive newbies nuts and anyone else who doesn't have a sid box with reiser support.

Regards
Jon Westgate
(Oryn)