Re: crashme

Oki DZ <okidz@pindad.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, this machine is down for about every week (if not
> five days). I don't know what happens. I'm still looking for the
> culprit. BTW, some of the oops files said about Java and mgetty
> processes that caused the oops. It makes me wonder...

Check your file systems and swap partitions for bad blocks. Fill up
your physical memory with applications and see what happens. Try using
memory from a sane system.

Sporadic crashes are often caused by memory or harddisk defects - the
system keeps going until it stumbles over the one bad bit.

> I think if crashme couldn't bring down the machine, let alone the
> JVM. Well, I don't know, I'll try to run crashme a lot longer.

Maybe your "why" remains unanswered even if crashme crashes your
system...

[x] ulf

--
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.