Re: how to configure adsl?

ADSL doesn't necessarily require pppoe.  It depends on how the ISP has
configured their system.  In my case, I was given a static IP and all I
needed to do was configure networking to use this IP with my ISP's
gateway and DNS.  With dynamic IPs, I believe some use DHCP instead of
pppoe.  I don't think a 2.4 kernel is required (although it is a good
idea in any case).

Bob