Re: Konqueror takes forever to load

dman wrote:
On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 07:38:40PM -0400, Travis Crump wrote:
| I normally use Mozilla for the web and a shell for local file browsing | on a Gnome desktop(up to date testing system), but occasionally I want | to use Konqueror for one reason or another. The problem is that it | takes 8 or 9 *minutes* to load. If I quit and immediately try to reopen | Konqueror than it opens in a couple of seconds.
How much memory do you have and how much is in use?  It is likely that
your system is thrashing about as it tries to load konqueror the first
time, then it is in cache and has already bumped other stuff out of
memory which is why it loads fast the second time.  I find that kword
isn't too fast (but not that bad) to load on my not-so-bad system (it
also has to load dcop and other services).

-D

I have 384MB of memory with 240MB free(second line of free output). I don't think this is the problem. :) Other system specs include 1.2GHz Athlon.