Installation troubles (Was: [2002-04-30] Release Status Update)

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> wrote:

> This seems like an excellent opportunity to do final testing of
> woody.  It would be great for peace of mind to see some successful
> installation and upgrade reports.

Well, I hope it is the right place to post this.

I just made a fresh installation of testing with the i386 1.44
floppies (the default ones) and I got two problems:

* The choice of the kernel modules is difficult because the frame
  characters are not correct (and so moving up and down make the
  screen crappy and difficult to read) -- but it works.

* A more grave problem is that, after rebooting, the system
  configuration does not work fine: it loops asking again and again
  the timezone (after one creates the accounts).  Eventually I had to
  kill it and to finish by hand.

The second issue should be solved before release I think.

My 2¢,
ChriS