Re[2]: Anyone using ulogd?

Wednesday, May 01, 2002, 2:42:15 PM, Gary Hennigan wrote:

> Okay. I lied a bit here. I compiled from source but I used
> dpkg-buildpackage, so it applied the Debian patches. This time I
> compiled just the straight source, without dpkg-buildpackage and using
> the usual ./configure and now ulogd is working, pumping out iptables
> output to /var/log/ulogd.syslogemu like a champ. Apparently there's
> some problem with the Debian patches to ulogd. So I installed the
> Debian package and just overwrote /usr/sbin/ulogd with the version I
> compiled and it's working and *finally* iptables is putting it's crud
> into my ring buffer.

So, does this mean that you got it running?  I'm wanting to install
Ulogd for the same reason, to get the firewall messages out of dmesg and
(hopefully) syslog. So that way, I can review the firewall messages by
themselves without sorting through other messages.  I am currently
running kernel 2.4.17, but I downloaded the sources for IPTables and
Kernel 2.4.18, then followed the instructions for patching IPTables, and
have now just completed the compile of the kernel..

What command do you use in your firewall script to enable ULog?

--
  - Alan Poulton (apoulton@telus.net) -
A man who correctly guesses a woman's age may be smart but he's not very bright.