Re: Anyone using ulogd?

I wrote:
[snip]
> I decided to surrender and use ULOG instead, but now I get
> nothing. I've installed the testing "ulogd" package and tried
> installing the original source, with the same result, no
> output. There's a Debian bug filed against this behavior (#132675 &
> #1356688) but I'm not hopeful since the bugs are pretty old.

Okay. I lied a bit here. I compiled from source but I used
dpkg-buildpackage, so it applied the Debian patches. This time I
compiled just the straight source, without dpkg-buildpackage and using
the usual ./configure and now ulogd is working, pumping out iptables
output to /var/log/ulogd.syslogemu like a champ. Apparently there's
some problem with the Debian patches to ulogd. So I installed the
Debian package and just overwrote /usr/sbin/ulogd with the version I
compiled and it's working and *finally* iptables is putting it's crud
into my ring buffer.

Gary