Re: kmail and console mailers

Hi,

* craigw <craigw@lvcm.com> [02-05-01 02:29]:
>On Tue Apr 30, 2002 at 11:57:09PM +0200, Thorsten Haude wrote:
>> * craigw <craigw@lvcm.com> [02-04-30 18:25]:
>> >I use mutt to fetch all my POP & IMAP mail. The POP mail all gets put in
>> >mboxes in ~/Mail, which is where my kmail looks.
>> Ok, so I lied. Mutt knows POP3, but nobody recommends it.
>I do. I highly recommend it. If you don't have any fancy needs for
>complicated mail handling.
So you're the one! I heard somewhere that some guy does this, but
thought that was only a rumor.

>> Even Mutt's documentation talks about Fetchmail.
>Here's what it says:
>"If you need more functionality you should consider using a
>   specialized program, such as fetchmail "
Yes, they are polite in the manual. If you ask for it in mutt-user,
you'll get more explicit statements.

Whatever, I'm glad it works for you!

>> You shouldn't fetch IMAP accounts, that would defeat the purpose.
>Figure of speech, dude. The IMAP mail stays where it is, The POP mail
>all gets put in mboxes in ~/Mail.
Ah yes, I never used IMAP, so I haven't thought about that.

>> >They seem to get along fairly well.
>> They do, once you tell Mutt about KMail's peculiarities. (Mainly
>> excluding KMail's index files from Mutt's $mailboxes.)
>Not sure what you mean here. I didn't do anything special; mutt doesn't
>seem to see the dotfiles.
I generalized, sorry. I add almost all files in ~/Mail to Mutt's
$mailboxes, so I'd have to exclude KMails index files.

Thorsten
--
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.