Re: which pkg contains that file

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 10:57:09AM +0100, Peter Whysall wrote:
> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 03:22:16PM +0530, Dayalan Manohar wrote:
> > Peter Whysall wrote:
> > >Well, that's odd - it works on my sid system here.
> > >
> > >Does "apt-cache search pico" return anything useful?
> >
> > "apt-cahe search pico" turns up nano but not pico.I'm using woody.
>
> See my other message about pico being in non-free.

In sid, pico is not even in non-free, apart from the 'pine' source
package which you have to build yourself. As I remember, its licence
does not allow Debian to distribute binaries built from patched source,
and patching the source slightly is necessary to get it installed in our
conventional filesystem layout.

Perhaps you have it built already, or perhaps you have a non-Debian
source in /etc/apt/sources.list.

Cheers,