Re: Could not set mode 0700 on private per-user gnome directory
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Could not set mode 0700 on private per-user gnome directory
- From: "Eric G. Miller" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 17:58:01 -0800
- Message-id: <20020303015801.GA10278@calico.local>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <002b01c1c23e$17833440$106f18ac@axel>
- References: <20020302143747.GI419@tigger> <002b01c1c23e$17833440$106f18ac@axel>
On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 12:00:47AM +0100, Axel Minck wrote:
> I am using woody with kernel 2.2.20 and XFree86 4.0.1
> When i try to start X as user i get the following error message:
> Could not set mode 0700 on private per-user Gnome directory
> As root, everything works well.
> I tried to modify the permissions of directory .gnome_private, but it
> didn't change anything.
> Any idea?
Who owns /home/axel/.gnome_private ?
$ chown axel.axel /home/axel/.gnome_private
Eric G. Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>